Friday, April 20, 2007

a wee bit of frustration

Well the knitting on dpn was going great... a little messy but that is to be expected while learning. I thought to myself that I would continue on with the pattern and attempt this socks (not the prettiest socks but they would be great practice) I spent an hour working on the heel this evening only to realize that the numbers on the pattern are screwed up and don't add up properly (and this is from my knitting for dummies books). I tore out as much as i could and turned it into a nice little glass cozy.

I need a nice easy pattern for dpn since i'm just beginning but I need to be working towards something not just knitting a long tube. I also think i need to get a better yarn... I'm using cheap Red Heart stuff to practice with.

I need a project.... as of right now I have nothing started. I think i need to go to Walmart and look at their yarn either tomorrow or early next week maybe I will get some inspiration there. I want to start a sweater and I may have found a pattern, but I need to ensure that the yarn is available. I also want to make a purse.

I do have some pictures of my shawl, dishcloth, and slippers but the camera is upstairs and I am much too lazy right now to upload anything. I do have a pic of the lovely cupcakes I made for Christmas which I might as well share *awww christmas wreaths* ... eventhough it is April there is always room for a little Christmas spirit.

No comments: